I love hot and spicy foods and buffalo wings are one of my favorites. This is a variation of a recipe on Allrecipes.com. I was a little skeptical about flouring baked wings but they were delicious and crispy without the grease and mess of fried wings.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 to 20 chicken drummettes (you can also use 5 or 6 chicken legs)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (my favorite is Texas Pete). You can substitute the butter and hot sauce for 1 cup of Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly grease with cooking spray. Place the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt into a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix.
- Blot wings dry and coat the chicken wings 3 0r 4 at a time to the flour mixture. Place the wings in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk together the melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Dip the wings into the sauce, and place back on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and crispy on the outside, 30 to 45 minutes. Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
Number of servings (yield): 4