This dip is incredibly simple and gets raves every time I make it. It’s a big bowl of creamy cheesy goodness with a little heat to make it interesting. It’s easy to scale if you’re feeding a large crowd and it definitely needs to be served hot. This is a perfect nibble for game time.
2 cups fresh medium or hot salsa
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
2 cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup milk
1 (2.25 ounce) can chopped black olives, drained
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In medium bowl, mix all ingredients until well blended.
3. Pour into 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
- If you like your dip thick like we do, reduce the amount of milk by half.
- The taste of this dip is directly related to the quality of salsa you use. I prefer fresh salsa for this but you can also use canned. You can also use Rotel Hot Diced Tomatoes with cilantro and lime.
- If you’re in a time crunch – you can pop this in the microwave for 5 minutes. Remove, stir, and put back in the microwave. continue in 5 minute increments until all of the cheese is melted.
- If you plan to keep this warm in crock pot or chafing dish, add extra milk to keep it from getting stiff.
This recipe was adapted from Allrecipes.com