Part of our attempt to eat better is upgrading our snack collection. You know – getting rid of some of the processed crappy snacks in exchange for healthier more filling options. I’ve always loved cashews, almonds, and pistachios but I’ve sortof avoided them because of the fat. Lately however, I’ve been craving cashews so when I happened upon this recipe, the timing was perfect.
A few weeks ago a coworker of mine offered me some cashews. He said one of his friends had made them and they weren’t like any cashews I had ever tasted. He was right. They were Ina Garten’s Rosemary Roasted Cashews and they were ridiculously good. I couldn’t rest until I made them myself. Holy cow these are addictive!
I would advise you to make these as a special treat every once in a while. Once you start eating them, it’s hard to stop. They almost derailed my Weight Watchers weigh in a few weeks ago. You’ve been warned.
[box type=”info”] If you prefer to use raw cashews, you’ll need to roast them a little longer. Stir them every 5 minutes to keep them from burning. Roast them until they’re golden brown, about 20 minutes.[/box]
- 1 1/4 pounds roasted salted cashews
- 2 tbls chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbls melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread nuts out on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
- While nuts are baking, combine remaining ingredients.
- Remove cashews from oven and empty into a large bowl.
- Pour butter mixture over nuts and stir to coat. Make sure you don’t leave any of the mixture in the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour nuts back out on baking sheet and allow to cool to room temperature.