We love yellow squash. It’s in season during the summer but it’s readily available all year round. This recipe would be just as good with zucchini or acorn squash.
3 large yellow squash
1 10 oz box frozen chopped spinach
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
Good Seasons Garlic and Herb salad dressing mix
1 cup diced onions
1 clove minced garlic
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Drain spinach and dry with paper towels.
3. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out center so that you have a squash boat. Reserve insides.
4. Put the squash halves in a microwavable dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes.
5. Saute onions, garlic, and squash until the onions are slightly caramelized and the water from the squash has evaporated (10-15 minutes),
6. In large mixing bowl combine ricotta cheese, parmigiano reggiano, 2 teaspoons Good Seasons mix, onion mixture, and salt to taste.
7. Spoon mixture into squash boats and bake for 20 minutes.