This is quick side that goes great with steaks. Bacon and blue cheese blend well together and will take boring potatoes to new heights. You could also try this with steak fries or O’brien potatoes. If blue cheese is a little too strong for you, try an extra sharp cheddar or smoked gouda.
2 cups frozen shredded hash browns
2 pieces bacon cooked and diced
2 green onions diced (green parts only)
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Heat skillet on medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Add hashbrowns to skillet and saute until potatoes start to brown.
3. Add green onions to skillet. Cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Add bacon and saute until bacon is heated through.
5. Remove skillet from heat and stir in blue cheese. Cover skillet until blue has melted (about 5 minutes).
6. Salt and pepper to taste