This is my version of a recipe I made frequently during my stint as a Pampered Chef consultant. I always got raves on this recipe and it’s super simple to make. This recipe is very flexible. I’ve used fresh pico de gallo in lieu of the diced tomatoes and it adds alot of flavor. Also if you can’t find chipotle flavored beans, you can add a little chipotle seasoning to the sour cream mixture.
2 14 oz cans refried beans (I like chipotle flavor)
1 cup low fat sour cream
1 8oz block light cream cheese
1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
5 green onions, green parts diced
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
sliced black olives (optional)
Fresh diced jalapenos (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Spread beans along the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish.
2. Put cream cheese in a microwaveable dish and microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Remove from microwave and mix with sour cream.
4. Add taco seasoning and blend well.
5. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of beans and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
6. Added tomatoes, green onions, olives, and jalapenos.
7. Bake until dip is bubbly around the edges (about 20 minutes).