If you’ve been around Nashville for a while, you’ll remember Houston’s hawaiian ribeye. It was one of the few items on their menu that I really liked. The steaks were marinated in a tangy pineapple mixture that was flavorful but not overwhelming. This is my version of that marinade. It’s pretty simple and can easily be scaled to make more. I used it on some thick cut pork chops we wanted to grill. Marinade the chops for 2 to 3 hours to really get the full flavor. This amount of marinade will work for up to 4 pork chops or 2 ribeye steaks.
Charcoal chimneys are great but a little scary. You don’t need any lighter fluid so your food won’t have the gross lighter fluid taste. Put a few sheets of newspaper in the bottom of the chimney and fill with charcoal. Light newspaper and wait for charcoal to catch. When the charcoal on top starts to turn white, they’re ready. Now comes the tricky part. Grab the plastic handle and the helper handle and dump charcoal into grill.Watch out for all of the flying burning pieces of paper. These are super easy to use and come in different sizes to fit the size of your grill.
1 cup soy sauce
6 oz can pineapple juice
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 apple cider vinegar
2 tsp minced ginger
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp five spice powder
1. Warm soy sauce in small sauce pan. Add brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Place pork chops in a gallon sized freezer bag. Pour cooled marinade over pork chops, making sure that all meat is covered with marinade.
4. Place in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
5. Cook on grill until desired doness.
4 large Idaho potatoes
2 tbl olive oil
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Wash potatoes and cut each into 6 wedges.Drizzle with olive oil.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients in small bowl.
3. Sprinkle wedges with spice mixture.
4. Place potatoes in microwaveable dish. Microwave for 5 minutes.
5. Put potatoes on grill and cook for 15 minutes or until soft.
After sprinkling potatoes with spice mixture, place in 450 degree oven on greased pan for 30 minutes or until soft.