I love dessert. I especially love desserts that taste great without alot of fat which isn’t always the easiest things to find. I ran across this recipe a few weeks ago at Weight Watchers and I’ve been dying to try it. Cool creamy lemony desserts make me think of summer – ice cream, cookouts, and cold iced tea. Since I’m mentally into summer already, I thought this recipe would be appropriate.
Lemon zest and fresh lemon juice is the secret to the tangy flavor. Use real lemon juice not the bottled stuff and you’ll get a burst of fresh tart flavor. If your lemons are large, you will need 3 or 4 of them. Theoretically this would be just as good with limes, meyer lemons, or any citrus fruit. Sweetened condensed milk comes in 14 oz cans, be sure to measure out 11 ounces of milk and not use the whole can.
Creamy Lemon Pie
- 6 whole reduced-fat regular or cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 11 oz fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until crumbs are fine. Place crumbs in a small bowl.
- Pour melted butter over graham cracker crumbs and mix thoroughly. Press crumbs around the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for about 8 minutes and remove from oven.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and eggs; mix until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest; stir until well blended and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Bake pie for 15 minutes. Serve chilled.
Courtesy of WW International : 4 WW points.