When I was a kid, cool creamy desserts were a staple at our house during the hot summer months. Ice cream was a given but sometime my mom would want something a little more fancy. She would whip up what we called “cheaters cheesecake” on days when baking a cheese cake was just too much trouble. This cream cheese pie recipe was on the side of the Eagle Brand Sweetemed Condensed Milk can for years and was one of my childhood favorites. It’s probably the most versatile dessert in my recipe folder and it only takes a couple of minutes to mix up. If you aren’t a fan of strawberries, subsitute whatever topping you crave. I’ve split it into 6 tarts but you could also make it in one 9 in graham cracker crust.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts
- 1 8 oz package low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz. can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 mini graham cracker crust tarts
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour equal amounts into tarts crusts.
- Chill 4 hours or until set.