I love a good food gift. Several years ago I worked with a very nice man whose family would make big Christmas goody bags that he would pass out to his coworkers. They were wonderful – cookies, candies, cakes, all sorts of homemade treats. Something about getting those bags always made me feel special.
Homemade gifts have a way of doing that. These cookies are a perfect gift for cookie lover on your list. They can either be given as gift already made or in cute jar with the instructions attached. The jars are colorful and beautiful and will keep for months.
- 5/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart jar in the order listed. I put the sugar in a coffee filter and placed it on top of the other ingredients
- Attach a tag with the following instructions: Cranberry Hootycreeks : “Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter and sugars. Add 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy. Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until edges start to brown around 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to cool on wire racks.”