There’s been alot of cookie baking around my house lately and I wanted share a few of my favorites. This has been officially deemed the week of cookies. What are your favorite holiday cookies?
I first tasted these years ago at an office potluck. I remember begging our receptionist for the recipe and I still have the handwritten recipe she gave me. I’ve never been a huge fan of peanut butter cookies but something about these lightly flavored cookies wrapped around miniature Reeses is addictive to me. I make these in a miniature muffin pan but if you wanted to be really want to be decadent, make them in a regular size muffin pan and use a full size peanut butter cup. I like to put my peanut butter cups in the freezer for about an hour before I’m ready to use them.
Peanut Butter Temptations
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Stir in the peanut butter, then the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the peanut butter mixture until the dough comes together. Shape into 1 inch balls and press them into the cups of an unprepared mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a mini chocolate covered peanut butter cup down into the center of each cookie until only the top is showing. Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from their pans.
Number of servings (yield): 12