When it comes to butternut squash, I like to keep it simple. I wasn’t even sure I liked this type of squash until a couple of years ago and since then I’ve gone through several different recipes. I always knew it had potential but I couldn’t find a recipe that knocked my socks off. After all the work it takes to get a squash prepped and ready, I wanted to feel like my time and energy was worth it. I stumbled across this recipe on Cooks Country’s website. Truth be told it ended up being butternut squash for one. It was so good I ate it all before my husband got home. Two cups is about half of a medium squash. If using a whole squash, double all of the other ingredients.
Brown Sugar Glazed Butternut Squash for Two
- 2 cups butternut squash cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/8 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Cover rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix sugar, butter, salt, vinegar and pepper in large bowl. Add squash and toss until well coated. Spread out on baking dish. Put in oven and stir every 15 minutes, until squash is well browned and completely tender, about 25 – 30 minutes.